Free for Publishers and Presses
Submission Manager is an online system for accepting and managing written submissions for magazines and presses. It’s easy to use and flexible enough to work with any submission and reading process.
This user-friendly system allows submitters to log their own address information into the database and log into their account to see the status of their submission. Upon submitting, all submitters receive automatic emails confirming that a submission has been received.
Submission Manager allows publishers to:
- accept or reject submissions individually or en masse through your web site
- easily manage the genres that you accept
- control the number of submissions an author can make to your publication
- manage reading periods
- track submissions automatically
- customize the front end and back end appearance: all colors and fonts can be changed to work with your web design and your logo can appear on all pages
Staff have the ability to:
- search submissions and contacts in a variety of ways
- instantly view all submissions by a given writer
- assign submissions to editors and readers
- view all submissions using their web browser
- create standard and personalized email rejections
Top-level editors have the same privileges as staff, and can also:
- control who on their staff can accept/reject submissions
- sort and assign submissions by genre
- see which staff members have which submissions
- Web Server
- PHP (version 5.5 or higher)
- mySQL (version 5 or higher)
- SMTP (for email notifications)
- Web Browser (set to accept cookies)
The complete Documentation is available, as well as a Live Demo. Please contact Devin Emke for details.
Submission Manager is available for free on GitHub. Click the green Code button (upper right) and choose “Download ZIP”.
If you are already a Submission Manager user, and need to update to the latest version, please download from GitHub and follow the Update Instructions.