One Story is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join its team. The Marketing Coordinator will work closely with our executive director on all aspects related to circulation of our magazine and growth of our organization. The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for creating, testing, and implementing viable communications strategies to expand One Story’s reach in the literary world and beyond through social media, email marketing, paid advertising, and direct mail. As this is an entry-level position, training and mentoring will be a large part of the first six months of employment.
This is a part-time, hourly position (18 hours a week, $22/hr). Candidates should reside within commuting distance from our office in Gowanus, Brooklyn, as they will need to come into the office at least once a week.
Responsibilities over time will include:
- managing direct mail campaigns and subscription drives, including our annual Holiday Gift subscription drive
- testing and managing renewal strategies
- overseeing our membership program and subscriber base
- maintaining our wordpress database
- pulling subscriber lists and ensuring that weekly mailings of back issues, thank you letters, and gift notifications are completed
- managing our social media presence
- conducting email marketing campaigns
- lending support at our annual Literary Debutante Ball
- assisting with grant tracking and donor relationships
- documenting all marketing processes
- Demonstrated interest and involvement in the literary community
- Enthusiastic about One Story’s mission to support the art form of short story and the authors who write them
- Social media proficiency
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and sense of punctuality
- The ability to work closely with a small team in a shared office space
- A Bachelor’s degree
Not required, but good to have:
- Experience in marketing or working for a nonprofit organization
- Working knowledge of website analytics tools
- Experience with Canva, Photoshop, and/or Adobe Express
This position is ideal for an individual interested in marketing and nonprofit management to gain experience working on a small, dedicated team of passionate individuals.
About One Story:
One Story, Inc. celebrates contemporary literary short stories and publishes, educates, and mentors the authors who write them. We believe that the short story is a necessary art form; that all authors should be treated equally; that the practice of writing fiction has value; and that community is essential. To put these beliefs into action, we publish two single-story magazines, offer innovative and affordable online craft classes to writers at all levels, and connect readers with writers.
One Story Inc. is committed to inclusivity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, nationality, marital status, parental status, military service, or disability. People of color, disabled people, veterans, and LGBTQIA people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via Submittable no later than 11:59pm ET on Sunday, April 30th. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org